Whether you're a well-known novelist or a newcomer ready to get in print, GIVE US YOUR BEST AND BE A WINNER
FICTION WRITERS CONTEST
FIRST PLACE $250 Cash SECOND PLACE $100 Cash THIRD PLACE $50 Cash TEN RUNNER-UPS THE WINNERS AND RUNNER-UPS WILL BE PUBLISHED IN THE 2016 SPECIAL SHORT STORY BONUS ISSUE. Entry Fee $15.00 (First story) $10.00 (Second Story) Beginning May 1 2016 Deadline 12:01 am June 1 2016
Must be original unpublished fiction. 1500 words Times New Roman 12 pt Double spaced First page - Name, address, email, phone number, name of story and word count. Second page - Must show title and the beginning of your story. No erotica, profanity, controversial content Submission and entry fee must be received by Deadline: 12:01 am June 1, 2016
PREVIOUS SHORT STORY ISSUES STILL AVAILABLE!
SHORT STORY CONTEST GUIDELINES
1. Your story must be original unpublished fiction.
2. Manuscript must be 1500 words or less,
12 pt Times or Times New Roman, double-spaced.
3.PAGE 1 must show your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, word count, and title of your story.
PAGE 2 must show your title (no author name) and begin your story.
4. No erotica, profanity or otherwise questionable content shall be eligible.
5. Submission and entry fee must be received by 12:01 AM May 1, 2014.
6. Submit your text document using the contact form below these rules.
7. Send your $15 entry fee via PayPal (PayPal will appear once you've submitted).
What are you waiting for? Get short with us!
OFFICIAL RULES 1. Winners will be chosen from all entries received between March 1 and May 1, 2014, and rated by a panel of editors and guest judges on the basis of writing quality, creativity, style, grammar and overall appeal. Judges will not know the identity of the entrants. Submissions must be the sole work of the entrant and previously unpublished in print and/or internet. Submission constitutes understanding and acceptance of these rules, and grants Southern Writers Magazine first rights to publish the winning stories. Entrant retains all other publishing rights. Multiple entries accepted ($15 first entry, $10 each additional).
2. Winners will be asked to provide a photo of themselves in an appropriate high-quality JPG or other digital representation to Southern Writers Magazine. Inclusion will be at the discretion of the publisher, but every effort shall be made to secure a suitable photo. Winners will also need to supply a short bio, which will accompany their story. Southern Writers reserves the right to edit. 3. Winners will be announced after all entries are evaluated and winners chosen. Expected date of short story publication is June 2014.
4. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Open to all U.S. residents 18 years and older, except for the staff and families of Southern Writers Magazine.